This doc set is under construction.
LUSID can produce financial reports in accordance with the double-entry system for all the economic activity in one or more transaction portfolios between two points in time.
To get started, you must set up an ABOR (accounting book of record) for the portfolios. See how to do this.
Providing you have appropriate permissions, you can interact with financial reporting using the LUSID web app:
Alternatively, you can interact programmatically:
- Using the APIs in the Abor, Abor Configuration and Chart of Accounts collections.
- Using equivalent methods in the LUSID SDKs in various languages.
- If you have a Luminesce license, using a set of providers.
Explanation: See the big picture
Tutorials: Get started by doing something tangible
- Coming soon
Reference: Understand concepts and implications
- Assigning economic activity to general ledger accounts using posting rules
- What are economic buckets?
- What is a trial balance?
- Using a general ledger profile to drill down into account activity in a trial balance
- Realising gain/loss for cash holdings on trade date rather than settlement date
How-to guides: Get something done
- How do I create a chart of accounts (CoA)?
- How do I add general ledger accounts to a CoA?
- How do I add a posting module with posting rules to a CoA?
- How do I add a general ledger profile with mappings to a CoA?
- How do I create an ABOR configuration module?
- How do I create an ABOR?
- How do I view journal entry lines for audit purposes?
- How do I create a trial balance for an ABOR?