LUSID has a notification service that enables you to subscribe to events and receive notifications via multiple delivery channels when those events occur. See the list of events.
For example, you can subscribe to a LUSID event such as:
- A portfolio is created (available now)
- A scheduled job completes, fails or does not start (available now)
- An order is executed, and many others (coming soon).
Note: You can also subscribe to a custom (that is, non-LUSID) event that you create and trigger yourself. See how to do this.
You can subscribe to an event:
- Unconditionally. That is, you are always notified when the event occurs.
- Conditionally. So for example you could write a filter to subscribe to the ‘portfolio created’ event only when portfolios are created in a particular scope, or with a particular name.
When an event occurs, you can notify:
- People via email
- People via SMS
- An application or service (including LUSID itself) via a webhook. So for example you could subscribe to the ‘portfolio created’ event and call the LUSID
UpsertTransactionsAPI to automatically load transactions into that portfolio.
Providing you have appropriate permissions, you can interact with the notification service using the LUSID web app, via the Workflows & Scheduling > Subscription Management menu:
Alternatively, you can interact with the notification service programmatically:
- Using the Notification REST API
- Using the Notification SDKs in various languages
- If you have a Luminesce license, using dedicated read and write providers.
Explanation: See the big picture
Tutorials: Get started by doing something tangible
- Using a webhook to automatically upsert transactions into a newly-created portfolio
- Setting up access control for different notification service users
Reference: Understand concepts and implications
- What events can I subscribe to?
- What delivery channels are available for notifications?
- Using LUSID filtering syntax to subscribe to events conditionally
- Using mustache templates to enrich notification messages
- Creating and triggering custom events
How-to guides: Get something done
- How do I subscribe to an event?
- How do I notify people via email when an event occurs?
- How do I notify people via SMS when an event occurs?
- How do I create a webhook to call a LUSID API when an event occurs?
- How do I create a webhook to call a third party (non-LUSID) API when an event occurs?
- How do I remove a notification from a subscription, or unsubscribe completely?