Luminesce enables you to query multiple sources of business intelligence simultaneously in real-time—including investment management data stored in LUSID itself—and build a consolidated picture for analysis, optionally writing data back into LUSID. Alternatively, you can use Luminesce in a standalone capacity, without interacting with LUSID at all.
Data virtualization means you don’t have to extract, transform and load data into a data warehouse or lake, with all the attendant cost, complexity and obsolescence issues. You don’t have to worry about data in multiple sources being in different formats or conforming to different models. You can query any number of data sources for which Luminesce providers exist in situ, using a centralised, uniform set of SQL-based tools. We supply providers for LUSID and other popular external data sources (see the table below), or you can create your own.
If you are a LUSID user, and providing you have an appropriate license and access control permissions, you can interact with Luminesce using the LUSID web app, via the Data Virtualisation menu:
Alternatively, you can interact with Luminesce programmatically using a variety of API, SDK, CLI and 3rd party business intelligence query tools.
Explanation: See the big picture
Tutorials: Get started by doing something tangible
- Getting started: Retrieving a portfolio valuation
- Creating policies to control access to providers for different Luminesce users
Reference: Understand concepts and implications
- What tools are available to write Luminesce queries?
- What are a data provider and a direct provider?
- Understanding the Luminesce SQL query syntax
- Supported functions in Luminesce SQL queries
- Providers authored by FINBOURNE:
Reading/writing investment data in LUSID
Reading/writing files in Drive
Administering Luminesce itself
Reading/writing Configuration Store data
Reading/writing notification service data
- Installing the standalone Windows ODBC driver to connect BI apps to Luminesce
- Installing the Windows DBC server and JDBC/ODBC client drivers to connect BI apps to Luminesce
How-to guides: Get something done
- How do I use Luminesce to read/write LUSID investment data?
- How do I use Luminesce to read/write Drive files?
- How do I use Luminesce to read/write properties for LUSID entities?
- How do I use Luminesce to read/write Configuration Store data?
- How do I use Luminesce to read/write notification service data?
- How do I use Sys.Admin.SetupView to help end users query other Luminesce providers?
- How do I use Sql.Db.Mine to help end users read from or write to my SQL database?
- How do I use BI apps such as PowerBI or Excel to query Luminesce providers?