The valuation process produces a manifest, a body of information that explains how the results of every call to the GetValuation API are generated.
The manifest is a key element in the audit process. It can answer questions like ‘how were my market rules resolved?’ and ‘how many times did I access pricing data from a particular vendor for a particular instrument?’.
At the time of writing, the only way to access the manifest is to use Luminesce, LUSID's data virtualisation and reporting tool. Note we intend to make the manifest available via the REST API, SDKs and web app soon, and also enable administrators to query across multiple users.
Note: A separate license may be required to use Luminesce; contact us for more information.
- Sign in to the LUSID web app using the credentials of a LUSID administrator.
- From the left-hand menu, select Insights > Request Logs:
GetValuationin the Operation column (highlighted in red below) and choose the API call that corresponds to the date and time at which you performed the operation:
- Copy the Request ID for that API call (highlighted in green above), for example
- From the left-hand menu, select Data Virtualisation > Query Editor:
- Paste the following Luminesce SQL query into the editor, substituting your Request ID retrieved from Insights as the argument to the
UserRequestIdfilter, encapsulated in single quote marks:
select * from Lusid.Logs.Valuations.Manifest where UserRequestId = '0HMGJ1RDFFFHG:0000001B'
- Press the Run button. Luminesce should return the manifest as a table of data like this: