Providing you have suitable access control permissions, you can cancel a transaction in a particular transaction portfolio to ensure LUSID no longer includes it when generating holdings for that portfolio.
A cancelled transaction remains stored in LUSID with a
Cancelled. You can:
- See the transaction when you call the GetTransactions or BuildTransactions APIs with
- Roll back the
asAttimeline when you call the GetHoldings API to re-imagine the impact of the transaction on holdings. More on bitemporal data.
However, you cannot reactivate or 'uncancel' the transaction.
The following methods are available:
- Obtain an API access token.
- Call the CancelTransactions API, passing in your API token and specifying in the URL:
codeof the parent portfolio.
- One or more
transactionIdsto cancel. Each is a unique identifier originally specified when a transaction was upserted into LUSID.
curl -X DELETE 'https://<your-domain>.lusid.com/api/api/transactionportfolios/Ibor/Global-Equity/transactions?transactionIds=Txn-001&transactionIds=Txn-00003' -H 'Authorization: Bearer <your-API-access-token>'
- Sign in to the LUSID web app.
- Navigate to Dashboard > Transactions.
- Select a transaction to cancel (this must be done one at a time) and choose Delete from the end row menu: