The Configuration Store has two separate areas, a Personal area for you and a Shared area for everyone.
Irrespective of access control permissions, however, the following rules apply:
- Only you can pull information from your Personal area into LUSID ecosystem applications.
- Only you can reveal secrets stored in your Personal area.
The Personal area
Providing you have sufficient access control permissions, you can upload information to the Personal area of the Configuration Store. See what information you can store.
A Configuration Store administrator may be able to upload information to your Personal area on your behalf. That person may also be able to administer (that is, list, update and delete) information in your Personal area. However, they can never reveal information you choose to store as secrets.
The Shared area
Providing you have sufficient access control permissions, you can:
- Pull information from the Shared area into LUSID ecosystem applications.
- Upload information to the Shared area.
- Reveal secrets stored in the Shared area.