LUSID comes pre-configured with a number of default transaction types. These can be used to evaluate LUSID and implement Proof-of-Concepts, and can also be used as a template for implementing your own transaction type schemes.
- Buy - Purchase Stock
- Sell - Sell Stock
- CoverShort - Cover Short Position
- SellShort - Sell Short Position
These transaction types are all two-sided, i.e. exchange of Instrument for cash.
They are configured to expect all the quantity/units fields to be positive, ie for a Sell transaction the Units and TotalConsideration fields should be positive. If you would prefer to use signed numbers, this is something that can be easily configured - see configuring transaction types.
- FxBuy - Spot FX Purchase
- FxSell - Spot FX Sale
- FwdFxBuy - Forward FX Purchase
- FwdFxSell - Forward FX Sale
Any FX trade can be booked using either FxBuy or FxSell, for example "Buy USD / Sell GBP" is mathematically equivalent to "Sell GBP / Buy USD". Using FxBuy vs FxSell allows you to indicate the intention of the trade, i.e. are you motivated to buy dollars or to sell pounds.
- StockIn - Transfer Security In
- StockOut - Transfer Security Out
- FundsIn - Deposit New Funds
- FundsOut - Withdraw Funds
These transaction types are one-sided, i.e. the Instrument/cash holding is changed but there is no equivalent change in cash.
They can accept negative numbers, used when you want to transfer in a short position.
- OLFC - Open Long Futures Contract
- CLFC - Close Long Futures Contract
- OSFC - Open Short Futures Contract
- CSFC - Close Short Futures Contract
- CashFlow - Cash paid/received from instrument.
This transaction type is used to represent a generic cash payment from a holding in an instrument, for example a dividend or coupon payment. A positive number indicates cash is being added, a negative number meaning cash deducted from the account.
This is a useful catch-all transaction type, but it is expected that you will configure additional transaction types for your specific needs.