You can pull (that is, reference or use) information from the Configuration Store in the following applications in the LUSID ecosystem:
- Luminesce. For example, you could schedule a SQL query and pull the credentials required to run it automatically at a set time or on a regular basis.
- Scheduler. For example, you could store your credentials for the LUSID Python SDK and then pull them into a Scheduler job that calls the SDK to upsert transactions.
- Notification service. For example, you could store your credentials for a service such as JIRA and then pull them into a webhook triggered by a LUSID event.
Before you can pull information the first time you must call the GenerateAccessToken API to authorise the Configuration Service to 'run as you'. This is a one-time operation. Once you have performed it for any use case, you don't need to do so again.
- Obtain an API access token. This must be a short-lived OAuth2.0-compliant token from LUSID's identity provider, Okta. It cannot be your personal access token.
- Run the following command for your LUSID domain , passing in your API access token:
curl -X PUT https://<your-domain>.lusid.com/configuration/api/sets/personal/me?action=ensure -H 'Content-Length:0' -H "Authorization: Bearer <your-API-access-token>"
Providing your request succeeds, the authorisation process is complete. There is no need to interact with the API response.
- Navigate to
<your-domain>is (for example)
- Click the PUT /api/sets/personal/me row to expand it.
- Click the Try it out button:
- Click the Execute button and follow the authentication flow to sign in to the LUSID web app. You should see a response similar to this (there is no need to interact with this response; the authorisation process is complete):